Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hidden Anime Gems-Tattoon Master

No that is not a typo the anime is called Tattoon Master and is a virtually unknown OVA anime. How did I discover this anime. Well I had won a school contest and received a target gift card and went online as soon as that card hit my hand. I wanted a couple of movies but I didn't know which ones. In the end I discovered this by accident and bought it along with Sly Stallone's Demolition Man, but I digress.
Tattoon Master is a two episode "series" about Hibio, a high school kid who has a dislike for anything female. He lives with his failed author of a Father, and his mother is an explorer who has basically abandoned them and gone off to see the world. She discovers the people of the Tattoon Tribe and wishes to study them, however in return the leader, Nima, sees a picture of Hibio and wishes to marry him. When they meet things are less than friendly, of course. In both episodes, there are elements of humor, love, and even old grudges to be settled.

The art style resembles Yu Yu Hakusho. It is pretty and gives the anime it's own quirky theme. The music is pretty and composed well, except there is not beginning theme song. The only theme song is Lovely and Lonely and is a light bouncy song. The only problem I have with this anime is the terrible English dub which reminds me of how the American versions of 80's anime like Voltron were dubbed. Despite all this, Tattoon Master is a nice anime that can be added to any collection and has a little bit of everything going for it. If you want to brag to your friends about watching relatively unknown anime, Tattoon Master is one you should watch.
"How Dare You Dub Me Wrong America"

No comments:

Post a Comment